WOMEN EMPOWERMENT AND SEXUAL HARRASMENT Cell
Every citizen of the country, male and female, enjoys the right to education and employment in an environment of safety and security. The Constitution of India provides for “Gender Equality” and the “Right to life and liberty” to all persons under Articles 14, 19, and 21. It is thus the duty and mandate of every organization to provide maintenance of the fundamental rights to live and work with dignity for all employees: male and female.
The College has established a Women Empowerment Cell in the college campus to empower and safeguard the rights of female members; faculty, staff and students of the College. The WEC works to promote gender equality in the college and conduct various programmes to educate, sensitize both male and female members and produce peaceful environment in the campus. It works for the welfare of the students and faculty towards preparing them in to competent professionals to take up greater challenges in their future lives.
Aiming at intellectual, personal, emotional and social upliftment of the female students and staffs guest lectures, seminars, awareness programmes and other welfare activities by increasing their confidence to fly upto skies
- To identify and promote the strong leadership and growth of women as individuals in their own right.
- To develop the self-confidence of women in building their capacity.
- To educate girl students on women-specific health issues and measures to be taken.
- Creating social awareness about the problems of women, gender equity, and prevention of sexual harassment.
- To make them more self-dependent and self-reliant.
- To highlight the importance of spirituality, health, hygiene, and safety
- Celebration of International Women’s Day on March 8th, every year is done to safeguard their rights and safety.