GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
Choithram College of Nursing has a well-established Grievance Redressal cell. The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in consultation with the teacher in-charge of Grievance Cell. In case the student is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the suggestion box of the Grievance Cell.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the students in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
A Grievance Cell is constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial peer relationship and student-teacher relationship.
- Encouraging the students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / complaint Box is installed in front of the Administrative officein which the Students, who don’t want to disclose their identity, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Advise students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost patience and co-operation, whenever any occasion of conflict arises.
- Guide all the students to refrain from provoking behaviour against other students, teachers and College administration.
- Recommend all faculty members to be affectionate to the students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
The cell will deal with Grievances received in writingfrom the students about any of the following matters:-
- Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of Mark-sheets, Transcripts,Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
- Financial Matters: Dues and payments related to Tuition fee, library etc.
- Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers etc.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of writtengrievances from the students.
- The cell will formally review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Institutional policy.
Procedure for lodging complaint:
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing in the administration department and drop it in suggestion/complaint boxes.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.