Ragging is a disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the “effect of teasing , treating or handling with rudeness to any student, including in rowdy or undisciplined activities which cause or likely to cause annoyance , hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely effect the psyche of a fresher or a junior student “.- Honorable supreme court of India
Choithram college Nursing is a ragging free campus. College has a Anti ragging committee, which monthly conducts meeting for promoting awareness among students and generating firm rules and disciplinary acts in accordance with ragging. Number of Anti ragging measures are in place to ensure strict compliance, also help line Anti ragging phone numbers are displayed in notice boards of college and hostel premises.
Objective of the Anti ragging Cell:-
- To prohibit any act which causes or is likely to cause any physical , psychological or physiological harm of apprehension or shame or embarrassment to a student.
- To punish those who indulge in ragging as provided for in these regulations and the appropriate law in force.
INC REGULATIONS ON RAGGING
Indian Nursing Council has made it very clear that all INC approved institutions should strictly follow the directions of Hon’ble supreme court of India and Raghavan Committee recommendations without exception, it is clearly mentioned in the regulations that RAGGING is totally banned and anyone found guilty of ragging and / or abetting ragging is liable to be punished.
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE STUDENTS
- RAGGING is banned, thereof all the students of the college are advised to refrain from all such activities which are directly or indirectly related to ragging.
- It is mandatory for all students to fill in an Anti Ragging Undertaking form, soon after the admission in college.
- A wholehearted coordination with the members of Anti Ragging committee will be appreciated.
- All students will be bound to obey the appropriate punishments, if found guilty, without any prior indications, whatsoever.
All students should intimate the incidents of ragging, if any to the officials of anti ragging committee members, immediately after witnessing the matter
Report any incidence of ragging contact to
Dr. (Prof) Aradhana Michael, Principal
Mrs.Ramya (Asst. Professor)
Mrs.Nibha Soy ( Asst. Lecturer)
Mrs.Saroj Rana (Hostel Warden)
Mrs.Mercy Philip (Office Supdt)